Ludlow Street Properties consists of three, mixed-use buildings located on Ludlow Street in Manhattan’s Lower East Side. Constructed in 1910, the five-story walk up buildings include 2 commercial units and 52 apartments; 12 studios, 38 one bedroom units and 2 four bedroom units. Margules Properties acquired the Ludlow Street Properties in 1997.
During the mid 19th century, the Lower East Side was the epicenter of America’s bourgeoning garment and textile business and is home to many historically important and architecturally significant structures. Over the past decade the neighborhood has experienced a cultural regeneration and is currently one of the most dynamic and important neighborhoods in Manhattan.
Today the Lower East Side is home to an array of important restaurants, retailers, hotels and residences. The Ludlow Street Properties are ideally situated in the neighborhood, enjoying close proximity to destinations like The Stanton Social Club, the Essex Market, the Hotel on Rivington and the Robert Tschumi designed Blue Residences.